What is spray painting? Which wall spray painters to use? Which characteristics distinguish this equipment?
Spray painting can be done in three ways:
- Through compressed air, that is with the use of a low-pressure compressor (about 3 bar) and with the help of rubber pipes, but this methodology is not recommended as it tends to create the formation of fog (overspray)
- With turbine that generates hot air (called HVLP system), mainly used for painting small carpentry surfaces and able to guarantee quick drying
- Using a high-pressure airless system (approx. 220 bar), or the most recommended method, as the product is sprayed with compressed air and conveyed to the surface to be treated.
The main advantages given by the use of this last processing technique are:
- High savings, as large surfaces can be painted in a short time and with reduced use
- Very high yield since there are no product dispersions
- Application speed
- Quality finishes ensured
- Use of reduced material compared to traditional painting
- Also suitable for rough and uneven surfaces
- Does not cause the formation of fog (overspray)
- The versatility of use.
HOW DO WALL-SPRAYERS WORK?
The equipment used for spray painting consists mainly of:
- A compressor, which uses the energy produced by the electric motor, raises the air pressure in a tank. This is compressed by a piston and moves in alternating straight motion in a cylinder
- Rubber hose, connected to compressor and gun, resistant enough to withstand the pressure of 3 bar necessary to spray the paint.
- Spray gun, special airbrush that fogs and sprays paint. This consists of a tank where the paint is placed, and a metal structure with a trigger that allows you to spray what is sprayed.
SPRAY PAINTERS FOR WALLS: WHICH MODELS TO CHOOSE?
First of all, it is good to highlight one thing: always opt for quality models, sold by experts in the sector who can suggest the most suitable one for the different types of use. Only by choosing the most suitable product, you will have the certainty of obtaining truly perfect and well-groomed finishes, capable of respecting excellent quality standards.
The Testarossa series Airless paint sprayers by Tecnolever are among the best on the market, characterised by a range that starts from 30 metres, up to 90 metres of the most powerful models. These products can be used in any sector, also available with particularly large tanks, as well as usable with different products, such as enamels, paints, antirust, primers, washable and quartz paints.
The costs are extremely variable and differ from one another depending on the models, from the cheaper ones that are around €1000 to the more expensive and professional ones that can even exceed €4000. Once purchased, wall sprayers can be used in multiple applications, always ensuring excellent standards in terms of finishes and performance.
The only suggestion for a correct choice is to always rely on the experience of operators in the sector who can always direct you towards the most suitable solution for the different types of applications.